November 28, 2015

Glamglow Thirstycleanse Nightmare

Glamglow Thirstycleanse

I recently purchased the Glamglow Thirstymud treatment at my local Sephora. At the till I was lucky enough to be given a generous amount of samples of their new cleansers. I was genuinely excited about these samples for once - Sephora, why do I always get perfume samples for men??

I picked up the treatment for my dry winter skin so I was particularly interested in trying the Thirstycleanse. It claims to be a revolutionary cleanser “designed to create a hydrated, silky, and dewy fresh complexion”. Ingredients such as Brazilian clay and green coconut water are supposed to remineralize and boost skin for intense hydration.
The subtle coconut scent surprised me as I’m used to the REN clay cleanser which smells very unpleasant. The texture of the mud is rather sticky and thick which makes it difficult to spread it evenly across the face. As soon as you add water in circular motions the cleanser gets creamier and you can easily massage it into the skin. After rinsing off the product my skin feels clean and smooth but I wouldn’t say that it is more moisturizing than other cleansers.
So far so good: it’s not a revolutionary cleanser that I need to purchase full-size for 30 €, I’m not missing out on something great if I pass.
It was only the next morning when this review had turned into a nightmare. I had a pretty painful reaction to Thirstycleanse. Around my mouth and nose my skin felt almost burnt. It was very dry and flakey, and covered in tiny little bumps. It was painful to the point where it felt like my skin might crack when I smiled.
If you have dry or sensitive skin I wouldn’t recommend this cleanser. In fact, stay as far away from it as possible!

Have you tried Thirstycleanse or Thirstymud? Let me know what you think!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Visions

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig