March 18, 2016

Chit Chat - Motivation and Stress

Long time no see over here. At least that's what it feels like to me. I've sat down at my laptop numerous times in the past couple of weeks eager to start typing up a new blogpost. I have a list of ideas, I have photos on my camera, I have products to review. What's been missing though is time and the right mind set.
The beginning of this year has been a whirlwind and I feel like I haven't sat down and made time for myself in weeks. My health situation hasn't been ideal, I have caught every nasty cold that has been around without fully recovering. My immune system has never been the strongest but this winter it has definitely failed me more than once. Combining my weak body with a high amount of self inflicted stress I have been constantly tired and unmotivated. Unmotivated to blog, to work out, to eat better or to even do much besides sleep when getting home from work.
A considerable amount of stress has fallen off these past couple of days. Due my passing an exam and getting validation at work I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I've been watching what I eat and getting some fresh air. It doesn't feel like much but I'm taking baby steps here. Next up: Getting more sleep!
This is by no means a "10 Tips to get motivated" type of post because I have honestly no idea what my advice would be. I think it's all about knowing or finding out what causes your lack of motivation, taking a step back and clearing your mind.
I want to say that I'll start working out next Monday (because you can only start working outs or diets at the beginning of the week, right?;)) but let's not get ahead of yourselves here. I'm glad to feel motivated again, to be happier again and I'll just take it from there. Or maybe it's just spring?

What keeps you motivated when the stress gets to you?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh i know the feeling, at the moment I have a huge workload for Uni (final year), I want to blog consistently as well as bunch of other things to do and I need motivation. Goodluck with it all :)

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elisa, good luck to you too! Sending positive vibes your way :)

      Delete
  2. Hahahah my motto is always 'Diet starts on Monday' haha, intact it never does!! ;P

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure all diets are meant to start on mondays or the beginning of a month ;)

      Delete
  3. I am the same and really struggle with keeping stress free, it is crazy how long you can spend your time worrying about things that really don not matter! I find having a bath really helps t relieve stress and meditation! <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bath with a good book or some fresh air are great when it all gets a bit too much! Less worrying is easier said than done x

      Delete

© Beauty Visions

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig