December 24, 2015

What I love about the Holiday Season


I can’t actually believe that it’s Christmas Eve. I don’t think I’m ready for it yet. My Christmas tree is up, cards are sent out, the house is decorated, even my office is. But I think that’s the problem: I’m working. For all these years I’ve been off school at least a couple of days before Christmas and I’ve been able to fully enjoy the season. It’s calm at the office and I’m not drowning in work so I can’t complain. But I can’t exactly light candles, eat cookies and watch movies all day.
Christmas Cookies with Christmas Tree
To get in the spirit I want to share with you what I love about Christmas:
Movies - This is going to be quite an unusual choice for a favorite: Little Lord Fauntleroy, a British movie from 1980. I wouldn't say that it is christmassy but it’s definitely one of the classics that is aired on German TV around this time of the year. Since I was a kid I've seen the movie about 15 times and I'll probably watch it next year and the year after that and so on. But I also love to cuddle up on the sofa in my onesie to watch The Holiday or Love Actually.
Decorations – Why can’t we hang fairy lights all year round or at least all winter? Driving to work in the dark is much less painful when the streets are lit up with fairy lights in trees, shop windows, everywhere. Also the smell of a fresh Christmas tree when you walk into someone’s home is one of my favorite scents.
Food – I’m talking chocolate and cookies. To be honest I’m not a fan of all the special editions for this season. Even a plain bar of milk chocolate tastes better and less guilty in December. And adding a bit of cinnamon to any drink makes it festive!
Make Up – This may sound very superficial but I love how I can layer on the make up without being judged. I wear minimal and neutral make up all year round but with all the Christmas parties and New Years Eve I have an excuse to go all out and experiment with glitter and color.
The most important thing about the Holidays though is spending quality time with your family and friends!
Merry Christmas!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Visions

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig